In a nutshell
- Incorporation: 24 July 1985 as a public company, being a company limited by guarantee
- Not-for-profit membership based organisation
- Purpose: Enabling businesses to connect and excel in Australia and Switzerland.
- SwissCham's purpose is to support, strengthen and grow members' businesses and their reputation in Australia by providing exposure, information and networking.
- As a hub of Swiss business in Australia, SwissCham focuses on doing business in Australia and the promotion of bilateral trade.
SwissCham’s value proposition and “story”:
SwissCham Australia helps you to:
- better run your business in Australia
- improving efficiency of business in Australia;
- improve your cross border activities
- help in understanding business in Australia as a gateway both to Asia and to Europe;
- build and expand your business networks - you get IP and access to networks;
- deliver your message to government, both Federal and State; - leverage off the “Swissness” of your products and services - Swissness stands for quality, innovation and efficiency;
- obtain regular personal access to senior Swiss government representatives in Australia at both Federal and State levels
- maintain and strengthen relationship with Swiss government officials.
SwissCham also organises 8 exclusive boardroom luncheons annually with opinion leaders from business and politics. Recent key-note speakers have included:
- Mick Davis, Global CEO Xstrata
- Arved von zur Muehlen, Global Managing Director SWISS International Air Lines
- Matthias Ernst, PhD, Cancer Researcher, Walter & Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research
- Campbell Stewart, Managing Director, UBS Investment Bank
- Jay MacGregor, Managing Director, Institutional Equities, CBA
- Roland Hinterkircher, Co-Head Capital Markets, Raiffeisen Bank Switzerland
- The Hon Andrew Robb AO, Special Envoy for Trade
- Peter Wilkinson, Director, SamWilko Advisory
- The Hon Nick Greiner AC, Former Premier & Treasurer of NSW
- Stephen Cartwright, CEO NSW Business Chamber
- Marco Gadola, Global CEO, Straumann
- Peter Freyberg, Head of Global Coal Assets, Glencore
- Alison Watkins, CEO, Coca-Cola
Furthermore, you can use SwissCham to:
- promote your company profile through SwissCham’s website, newsletter, social media and key events;
- reward your staff and clients by inviting them to SwissCham’s marquee events such as the annual Swiss Award in Australia dinner and the Swiss Ambassador Cup (corporate golf day);
- give your sales, marketing and HR staff the opportunity to make new business contacts and create new synergies;
- identify potential new staff through SwissCham’s regular networking events. Your firm’s SwissCham membership is Australia wide.
Why Swiss business is good news for Australia
- Switzerland has been a top 10 foreign investor in Australia for decades (see more details under Facts & Figures)
- There are well over 300 Swiss companies/brands represented in Australia (see more details under SwissConnect where most companies are listed)
- Combined, Swiss companies in Australia employ over 80,000 staff directly!
- Switzerland as an investor and job creator is a major contributor to Australia's economy and society.